Has anyone out there ever heard one of these model 19 crossover replacements ("Crossover Upgrade Model For Altec Model 19")? Is this company affiliated with GPA or the original Altec/Iconic? Anyone ever seen any specs or photos of these?
Iconic Speaker Manufacturing - Speaker Crossovers
"...To assure proper performance of the Iconic DN19-8U
Replacement Crossover, the values of the original
components of the factory-supplied crossover for the
Model were carefully measured and duplicated. Modern
parts with identical values were then selected to be used
in the Model DN19-8U, to assure proper audio
performance - metallized polypropylene capacitors, noninductive
wire-wound resistors, air-core inductors, highquality
wire of sufficient gauge to connect the crossover
to the loudspeaker components, and meticulous hand
assembly combine to produce an excellent
upgrade/replacement for the original crossover supplied
with the Model 19...."
I notice they also offer "Stonehenge" and "Magnificent" speaker systems and that some of their drivers have the "Tangerine radial phasing system", "mantaray horn"? They have links to GPA on their site--I'm wondering if they're affiliated or are they "horning in" on GPA's turf (what a terrible pun)? BTW, I'm loyal to GPA if they're a competitor.....






Bookmarks